Welcome to Using Microsoft® Windows® 8. Whether you’re new to computers or have used them in the past, this class will help you become more comfortable using a personal computer (PC) and, more specifically, the Windows 8 interface. This course will help you to define what a PC is, and familiarize you with the Windows 8 user interface and its basic capabilities. In this course, you will explore Windows 8 and learn how to create documents, send email, browse the Internet, and share information between applications and with other users.
Lesson 1: Getting to Know PCs and the Windows 8 User Interface
- Topic A: Identify Components of a Personal Computer
- Topic B: Sign In to Windows
- Topic C: Navigate the Start Screen
Lesson 2: Using Modern Apps and Navigation Features
- Topic A: Access and Identify the Charms
- Topic B: Modern Apps and Common Navigation Features
- Topic C: Multitasking with Apps
Lesson 3: Working with Desktop Applications
- Topic A: Navigate the Desktop
- Topic B: Manage Files and Folders with File Explorer
- Topic C: Elements of a Desktop Window
- Topic D: Create and Modify Files with Desktop Applications
Lesson 4: Using Internet Explorer 10
- Topic A: Navigate Internet Explorer 10
- Topic B: Browse the Web
Lesson 5: Customizing the Windows 8 Environment
- Topic A: Customize the Start Screen
- Topic B: Customize the Desktop
Lesson 6: Using Windows 8 Security Features
- Topic A: Set Privacy Levels and Passwords
- Topic B: Use Windows Defender
- Topic C: Store and Share Files with SkyDrive
This course isn't currently on the calendar. Want to schedule it?
Need to request this course on a Different Day?
LANTEC is very responsive to local client needs and unique or custom class demands. If you require a delivery date option for a class title on our schedule, please submit your specific request for immediate consideration. We can often accommodate countless additional courses NOT available on our public schedules, please inquire for personal assistance.