Students should take this ILT Series course if their goal is to become more proficient in using Windows 7. Students will learn how to configure user accounts, work with devices and printers, manage and protect important files, maintain and restore their computers, troubleshoot applications, share and access network resources, and configure power-saving plans and security settings.
Unit 1: User accounts
- Topic A: Account management
- Topic B: Password management
Unit 2: Devices and printers
- Topic A: Devices
- Topic B: Printers
Unit 3: File management and protection
- Topic A: File and folder management
- Topic B: File protection
- Unit 4: Programs and utilities
- Topic A: Disk maintenance
- Topic B: System Restore
- Topic C: Troubleshooting
Unit 5: Networks and mobile computing
- Topic A: Networks
- Topic B: File and printer sharing
- Topic C: Offline files
- Topic D: Remote Assistance
- Topic E: Power settings and plans
Unit 6: Security
- Topic A: User Account Control
- Topic B: Windows Firewall
- Topic C: Windows Update
- Topic D: Malware protection
- Topic E: Internet Explorer security and privacy
This course isn't currently on the calendar. Want to schedule it?
Need to request this course on a Different Day?
LANTEC is very responsive to local client needs and unique or custom class demands. If you require a delivery date option for a class title on our schedule, please submit your specific request for immediate consideration. We can often accommodate countless additional courses NOT available on our public schedules, please inquire for personal assistance.