From the earliest eras of human existence, visual images have been used to represent knowledge, data, and information. Beginning with the Paleolithic cave paintings and continuing to today’s most complex computer networks, these images leverage the ability of the human brain to rapidly perceive patterns and trends from visual representations.
In today’s workplace, visual diagrams are an essential part of communication, from road maps to sales flows to process charts. Microsoft® Visio® provides you with an intuitive, customizable tool to easily create a professional-looking visual product by using its extensive gallery of shapes. By following the exercises in this course, you will create visually engaging diagrams, maps, and drawings, using graphical elements to make information easier to comprehend.
I. Lesson 1: Getting Started with Visio 2016
- Topic A: Perform Basic Tasks in the Visio Environment
- Topic B: Use Backstage Commands
- Topic C: Save a File
II. Lesson 2: Working with Workflow Diagram Tools
- Topic A: Use Drawing Components
- Topic B: Modify a Drawing
- Topic C: Insert Callouts and Groups
III. Lesson 3: Building Organization Charts
- Topic A: Create an Organization Chart Manually
- Topic B: Create Organization Charts by Using Starter Diagrams and the Organization Chart Wizard
- Topic C: Modify an Organization Chart
IV. Lesson 4: Designing a Floor Plan
- Topic A: Make a Basic Floor Plan
- Topic B: Model a Room Layout
V. Lesson 5: Building a Cross-Functional Flowchart
- Topic A: Create a Cross-Functional Flowchart
- Topic B: Format a Cross-Functional Flowchart
VI. Lesson 6: Designing a Network Diagram
- Topic A: Create Network Diagrams
- Topic B: Use Shape Data
- Topic C: Use Layers
VII. Lesson 7: Styling a Diagram
- Topic A: Modify Shape and Connector Styles
- Topic B: Apply Themes and Variants
- Topic C: Use Containers
VIII. Appendix A: New Features in Visio 2016
Need to request this course on a Different Day?
LANTEC is very responsive to local client needs and unique or custom class demands. If you require a delivery date option for a class title on our schedule, please submit your specific request for immediate consideration. We can often accommodate countless additional courses NOT available on our public schedules, please inquire for personal assistance.