The advent of cloud computing and storage has ushered in the era of big data. With the abundance of computational power and storage, organizations and employees with many different roles and responsibilities can benefit from analyzing data to find timely insights and gain a competitive advantage.
Data-backed visualizations allow anyone to explore, analyze, and report insights and trends from data. Tableau® software is designed for this purpose. Tableau was built to connect to a wide range of data sources, and allows users to quickly create visualizations of connected data to gain insights, show trends, and create reports. Beyond the fundamental capabilities of creating data-driven visualizations, Tableau allows users to manipulate data with calculations to show insights, make visualizations interactive, and perform statistical analysis. This gives users the ability to create and share data-driven insights with peers, executives, and clients.
This one-day workshop teaches participants to:
- Blend data to visualize relationships.
- Join data.
- Access data in PDFs.
- Refine visualizations with sets and parameters.
- Manipulate data with calculations.
- Visualize data with advanced calculations.
- Perform statistical analysis and forecasting.
- Enrich visualizations, dashboards, and maps.
Lesson 1: Blending Data to Visualize Relationships
- Topic A: Blend Data
- Tobic B: Troubleshoot and Refine Data Blends
Lesson 2: Joining Data
- Topic A: Create Joins
- Topic B: Troubleshoot Joins
- Topic C: Merge Data with Unions
Lesson 3: Accessing Data in PDFs
- Topic A: Connect to PDFs
- Topic B: Clean Up and Organize PDF Data
Lesson 4: Refining Visualizations with Sets and Parameters
- Topic A: Create Sets
- Topic B: Analyze Data with Sets
- Topic C: Apply Parameters to Data to Refine Visualizations
Lesson 5: Manipulating Data with Calculations
- Topic A: Create Calculated Fields
- Topic B: Manipulate Data with Functions
- Topic C: Analyze Data with Table Calculations
Lesson 6: Visualizing Data with Advanced Calculations
- Topic A: Create Groups and Bins with Calculations
- Topic B: Analyze Data with LOD Expressions
Lesson 7: Performing Statistical Analysis and Forecasting
- Topic A: Perform Statistical Analysis
- Topic B: Forecast Data Trends
Lesson 8: Enriching Visualizations, Dashboards, and Maps
- Topic A: Customize Mapped Data
- Topic B: Enhance Visualizations with Tooltips
- Topic C: Enhance Dashboards with Actions