Prospecting is one of the keys to your sales success. Keeping your pipeline full ensures that you will continue to attract new business, and so your success today is a result of the prospecting you did six months ago. A new generation of sales professionals are emerging: highly trained and well groomed, with the characteristics of honesty, trustworthiness, and competence.
This workshop will help you plan and prepare for objections so that you can address customer concerns, reduce the number of objections you encounter, and improve your averages at closing sales. In this workshop, participants will become skilled at prospecting and learn the 80/20 rule. They will learn to target and how to target them, and commit to do some prospecting every day through warming up cold calls, following up on leads, or networking. Participants will also build their personal prospecting plan and learn how to ensure their future by planting seeds daily.
This two-day workshop teaches participants to:
- Understand the importance of expanding their client base through effective prospecting.
- Learn how to use a prospecting system to make them more successful.
- Be able to identify target markets and target companies with the 80/20 rule in mind.
- Know how to develop and practice networking skills at every opportunity.
- Know how to develop, refine, and execute the art of cold calling.
- Use goal-setting techniques as a way to focus on what you want to accomplish and develop strategies for getting there.
- Identify ways to find new clients and network effectively.
- Identify the objections that you encounter most frequently.
- Develop appropriate responses when prospective buyers throw you a curve.
- Learn ways to disarm objections with proven rebuttals that get the sale back on track.
Lesson 1: Course Overview
- You will spend the first part of the day getting to know participants and discussing what will take place during the workshop. Students will also have an opportunity to identify their personal learning objectives.
Lesson 2: Pre-Assignment Review
- To start the day, participants will review their pre-assignment quiz.
Lesson 3: Selling Skills
- To begin, participants will explore consultative selling and the efforts-result matrix. Participants will also discuss how to build trust and credibility with their clients.
Lesson 4: The Sales Cycle
- During this session, participants will look at the steps of the basic sales cycle: initiate, build, manage, and optimize.
Lesson 5: Framing Success
- In this session, participants will learn about the power of the mind and how to use that to build a professional, confident image.
Lesson 6: Targeting Your Market
- Next, participants will learn eight ways to target their market. Then, they will fill out a worksheet for their target market.
Lesson 7: Setting Goals
- During this session, participants will learn how to set goals with SPIRIT to make their dreams a reality
Lesson 8: The Path to Efficiency
- During this session, participants will share their time management tips, and we will offer some ways of maximizing your time.
Lesson 9: Selling More
- Next, participants will explore the three types of selling. Participants will also discuss the importance of perceived value.
Lesson 10: Ten Major Mistakes
- This session will look at the ten biggest mistakes salespeople make. Participants will then brainstorm ways to avoid or rectify these mistakes.
Lesson 11: Finding New Clients
- During this session, participants will discuss how to find new clients and how to network.
Lesson 12: Selling Price
- To wrap up the day, participants will look at the advantages and disadvantages of selling price.
Lesson 13: Critical Communication Skills
- During this session, participants will learn how to ask good questions and listen effectively – two skills that are key to handling objections.
Lesson 14: Customer Service
- This session will look at the four needs of customers and how we can use them to sell smarter.
Lesson 15: Handling Customer Complaints
- This session will look at how customer complaints and how they can actually make anyone a better salesperson.
Lesson 16: Overcoming Objections
- Once participants have some basic skills and concepts mastered, they will explore what an objection is. They will also work in small groups to identify their most frequently encountered objections and they will brainstorm ways to respond to them.
Lesson 17: Handling Objections
- During this session, participants will some basic ways to respond to objections, including the Identify – Validate – Resolve strategy. Participants will also learn about nine specific objection handling strategies, including the Boomerang, FFF, and Show Your Hand.
Lesson 18: Why is Prospecting Important?
- Next, participants will look at some myths behind prospecting and what characteristics will ultimately determine their success.
Lesson 19: Networking
- During this session, participants will learn all about networking, a key component of prospecting.
Lesson 20: Public Speaking
- Good speaking skills can give sales people a real advantage. This session will give participants some ways to build their confidence and send out the right message when speaking in public.
Lesson 21: Trade Shows
- Next, participants will explore what to do before, during, and after trade shows to ensure success.
Lesson 22: Regaining Lost Accounts
- This session will explore an easy way to increase business: regaining inactive or lost clients.
Lesson 23: Warming Up Cold Calls
- During this session, participants will learn how to make the most of another essential prospecting tool: cold calls.
Lesson 24: The 80/20 Rule
- Next, participants will learn how Pareto’s 80/20 rule applies to sales and prospecting