Using Prime Infrastructure to Manage Wireless Networks (PIMWN) is an updated version of the (NMENPI and WMNGI). PIMWM focuses on using Cisco Prime Infrastructure Release 3.3 to manage Cisco wireless networks. You will begin by learning about Cisco Prime Infrastructure dashboards that give you a quick view of devices, performance information, and various incidents. In addition, you will learn to perform device management operations such as adding devices, running discovery, managing network inventories, groups, and software images, configuring device archives, and auditing configuration change on devices. Create maps using Next Generation site maps that were introduced in Cisco Prime Infrastructure Release 3.2. Effectively manage devices by creating composite templates or using predefined templates. Create a lobby ambassador and configure guest user accounts to provide secure guest access. Also, implementing the guest access feature set and controller-based features such as Bonjour Services and Application Visibility and Control. Implement local profiling and policies on the 2504 wireless LAN controller. Learn to monitor and troubleshoot your network by monitoring devices, interfaces, and the wireless network. Create reports, view saved report templates, and run scheduled reports to provide information about the system and network health.
PIMWN provides hands-on labs that cover controller firmware release 8.0 as well as Cisco Prime Infrastructure software release 3.2. All labs are hands-on labs via remote access, using real Cisco gear.
- Describe fundamental network management concepts and introduce the features of Cisco Prime Infrastructure
- Manage the inventory with Cisco Prime Infrastructure
- Map the wireless network using the tools in Cisco Prime Infrastructure
- Manage user access to tasks, functions, and devices in Cisco Prime Infrastructure
- Manage the devices and configuration archive in Cisco Prime Infrastructure
- Successfully configure the guest access feature set
- Explain and implement controller-based features such as Bonjour Services and Application Visibility and Control through Cisco Prime Infrastructure
- Monitor and troubleshoot your network with Cisco Prime Infrastructure