The CompTIA® Network+® (Exam N10-007) course builds on your existing user-level knowledge and experience with personal computer operating systems and networks to present the fundamental skills and concepts that you will need to use on the job in any type of networking career. If you are pursuing a CompTIA technical certification path, the CompTIA® A+® certification is an excellent first step to take before preparing for the CompTIA Network+ certification.
The CompTIA® Network+® (Exam N10-007) course can benefit you in two ways. It can assist you if you are preparing to take the CompTIA Network+ examination (Exam N10-007). Also, if your job duties include network troubleshooting, installation, or maintenance, or if you are preparing for any type of network-related career, it provides the background knowledge and skills you will require to be successful.
This course will also include 10 week access to the training labs for test preparation outside of the classroom.
In this course, you will describe the major networking technologies and systems of modern networks, and be able to configure, manage, and troubleshoot modern networks.
Chapter 1: Fundamentals
- Module A: Networking concepts
- Module B: Classifying networks
- Module C: Network models
- Module D: The troubleshooting process
Chapter 2: Physical networks
- Module A: Connection technologies
- Module B: Network devices
- Module C: Copper media
- Module D: Optical media
- Module E: Ethernet standards
Chapter 3: TCP/IP networks
- Module A: IP addressing
- Module B: Core protocols
- Module C: Network ports and applications
Chapter 4: Internetworking
- Module A: Switching
- Module B: Routing
Chapter 5: Wireless LANs
- Module A: Wireless networks
- Module B: Wireless LAN Standards
Chapter 6: Wide area networks
- Module A: Internet connections
- Module B: WAN infrastructure
Chapter 7: Cybersecurity Principles
- Module A: Goals and threats
- Module B: Digital Security
- Module C: Transport Encryption
Chapter 8: Defending Networks
- Module A: Network Security Components
- Module B: Network Authentication Systems
- Module C: Hardening Networks
Chapter 9: Evolving Network Technologies
- Module A: Network Convergence
- Module B: Virtual and Cloud Systems
Chapter 10: Network Operations
- Module A: Monitoring and Optimization
- Module B: Fault Tolerance and Disaster Recovery
- Module C: Incident Response
Chapter 11: Network Planning
- Module A: Network Policy Design
- Module B: Network Installation
- Module C: Maintenance and Upgrades
This course isn't currently on the calendar. Want to schedule it?
Need to request this course on a Different Day?
LANTEC is very responsive to local client needs and unique or custom class demands. If you require a delivery date option for a class title on our schedule, please submit your specific request for immediate consideration. We can often accommodate countless additional courses NOT available on our public schedules, please inquire for personal assistance.