DescriptionThis course teaches IT professionals how to integrate their on-premises AD DS environment with Azure AD and how to use Azure AD as a directory service. It also teaches candidates how to use Azure RMS to protect sensitive documents. Additionally, it focusses on how to enhance authentication with multi-factor authentication and how to monitor directory synchronization health.
Module 1: Introducing Azure ADThis module describes the differences between Azure AD and AD DS, and the Azure AD versions. It also explains how to perform Azure AD tenant provisioning and how to manage objects and user roles in Azure AD.
- Azure AD overview
- Implementing and configuring Azure AD
- Managing Azure AD
Lab: Creating and managing an Azure AD tenant
- Activating an Azure trial subscription
- Creating an Azure AD tenant and objects in Azure AD
- Configuring user roles in Azure AD
- Describe Azure AD and compare it to AD DS.
- Explain Azure AD versions and describe how to perform Azure AD tenant provisioning.
- Manage objects and user roles in Azure AD.
Module 2: Integrating on-premises AD DS with AzureThis module explains how to extend an on-premises Active Directory domain to Azure, and how directory synchronization works. It also describes how to implement and configure directory synchronization. Additionally, this module describes how to manage synchronized directories.
- Extending an on-premises Active Directory domain to Azure
- Directory synchronization overview
- Implementing and configuring directory synchronization
- Managing synchronized directories
Lab: Implementing directory synchronization
- Implementing Azure AD Connect
- Managing directory synchronization
- Explain how to extend AD DS to the Azure platform.
- Describe directory synchronization.
- Implement and configure directory synchronization.
- Manage synchronized directories.
Module 3: Using Azure AD as a directory service in hybrid environmentsThis module explains how to use Azure AD as a directory service for an on-premises environment, and how to configure SSO in Azure AD. Also it describes how to implement privileged identity management in Azure AD.
- Azure AD as a directory service for on-premises environments
- Configuring SSO with Azure AD
- Implementing privileged identity management in Azure AD
Lab: Using Azure AD in hybrid environments
- Joining a Windows 10 computer to Azure AD
- Implementing SSO with Azure AD
- Configuring and using Azure AD Privileged Identity Management
- Describe how to use Azure AD as a directory service for an on-premises environment.
- Configure SSO in Azure AD.
- Explain how to protect privileged identities.
Module 4: Configuring and protecting authentication in hybrid environmentsThis module explains how authentication works in hybrid environments. In addition, it describes how to implement Azure Multi-Factor Authentication.
- Authentication in hybrid environments
- Implementing Azure Multi-Factor Authentication
Lab: Configuring authentication in hybrid environments
- Implementing self-service password reset
- Implementing Azure Multi-Factor Authentication
- Implementing Azure Multi-Factor Authentication Server on-premises
- Describe how authentication works.
- Implement Azure Multi-Factor Authentication.
Module 5: Deploying Azure RMS with on-premises servicesThis module explains how rights management technologies, Active Directory RMS, and Azure RMS work. In addition, it describes how to implement Azure RMS, and how to integrate Azure RMS with on-premises services.
- RMS overview
- Implementing Azure RMS
- Integrating Azure RMS with on-premises services
Lab : Implementing Azure RMS
- Enabling and configuring Azure RMS
- Integrating Azure RMS with File Classification Infrastructure (FCI)
- Using the RMS sharing application on a client
- Describe the rights management technologies, AD RMS and Azure RMS.
- Implement Azure RMS.
- Integrate Azure RMS with on-premises services.
Module 6: Monitoring Azure ADThis module describes reports on Azure AD and explains how to configure alerts. It also describes how to monitor directory services infrastructure.
- Azure AD reporting
- onitoring Azure AD
Lab : Configuring reporting and monitoring
- Configuring Azure AD reports and notifications
- Configuring Azure AD monitoring
- Describe reports on Azure AD and describe how to configure alerts.
- Monitor directory services infrastructure.
This course isn't currently on the calendar. Want to schedule it?
Need to request this course on a Different Day?
LANTEC is very responsive to local client needs and unique or custom class demands. If you require a delivery date option for a class title on our schedule, please submit your specific request for immediate consideration. We can often accommodate countless additional courses NOT available on our public schedules, please inquire for personal assistance.