DescriptionThis three-day instructor-led course teaches students how to implement a SQL Server 2016 Reporting Services solution for data analysis in an organization. The course discusses how to use the Reporting Services development tools to create and manage reports and implement self-service BI solutions.
Module 1: Introduction to Business Intelligence and Data ModelingIn this module students will be introduced to the key concepts in business intelligence, and the Microsoft BI product suite.
- Introduction to business intelligence
- The Microsoft business intelligence platform
- Introduction to reporting services
Lab: Exploring an enterprise BI solutionAfter completing this module, you will be able to:
- Describe key concepts in business intelligence
- Describe the Microsoft BI platform
- Describe key concepts in reporting services
Module 2: Reporting Services DataDescribe various Report Services data sources and how these are configured.
- Data connections
- Connection strings
- Filters and parameters
Lab: Configuring a data connectionAfter completing this module, you will be able to:
- Describe data connections and connection strings
- Describe filters and parameters
Module 3: Implementing reportsCreate reports with report designer or report builder.
- Creating a report with the report wizard
- Creating a report
- Showing data graphically
Lab: Creating a reportAfter completing this module, you will be able to:
- Create a report using the report wizard
- Show data graphically
Module 4: Creating a Map ReportThis module describes how to configure reports with report builder or report designer.
- Implementing filters and parameters
- Implementing sorting and grouping
- Publishing a report
Lab: Creating a map reportAfter completing this module, you will be able to:
- Implement filters and parameters
- Implement sorting and grouping
- Publish a report
Module 5: Creating Mobile ReportsThis module describes how to create SQL Server mobile reports.
- Overview of SQL Server mobile reports
- Preparing data for mobile reports
- Mobile report publisher
Lab: Mobile reportsAfter completing this module, you will be able to:
This course isn't currently on the calendar. Want to schedule it?
Need to request this course on a Different Day?
LANTEC is very responsive to local client needs and unique or custom class demands. If you require a delivery date option for a class title on our schedule, please submit your specific request for immediate consideration. We can often accommodate countless additional courses NOT available on our public schedules, please inquire for personal assistance.