It’s no secret that employees who feel they are valued and recognized for the work they do are more motivated, responsible, and productive. This one-day workshop will help supervisors and managers create a more dynamic, loyal, and energized workplace. It is designed specifically to help busy managers and supervisors understand what employees want, and to give them a starting point for creating champions.
This one-day workshop teaches participants to:
- Identify what motivation is
- Describe common motivational theories and how to apply them
- Learn when to use different kinds of motivators
- Create a motivational climate
- Design a motivating job
Lesson 1: Course Overview
- You will spend the first part of the day getting to know participants and discussing what will take place during the workshop. Students will also have an opportunity to identify their personal learning objectives.
Lesson 2: What is Motivation?
- To begin, participants will explore motivation through a fun activity.
Lesson 3: Supervising and Motivation
- Next, we will look at three everyday objects that represent three approaches to motivation: the carrot, the whip, and the plant.
Lesson 4: Motivational Theories
- During this session, participants will explore Maslow’s and Herzberg’s theories of motivation. They will also review their pre-assignment.
Lesson 5: Setting Goals
- Goal setting is an important part of motivation. This session will look at the SPIRIT acronym for setting goals.
Lesson 6: The Role of Values
- During this session, participants will identify their personal values, which will help them understand their motivators.
Lesson 7: Creating a Motivational Climate
- This session will look at the reinforcement theory, also called the behavioral theory, of motivation. Expectancy theory and McClelland’s needs theory will also be discussed.
Lesson 8: Applying Your Skills
- During this session, participants will work on several motivational case studies.
Lesson 9: Designing Motivating Jobs
- This session will explore methods of designing (or redesigning) motivating jobs. We will also share the ten things you can do to motivate employees on a daily basis.
Lesson 10: Workshop Wrap-Up
- At the end of the day, students will have an opportunity to ask questions and fill out an action plan.
Need to request this course on a Different Day?
LANTEC is very responsive to local client needs and unique or custom class demands. If you require a delivery date option for a class title on our schedule, please submit your specific request for immediate consideration. We can often accommodate countless additional courses NOT available on our public schedules, please inquire for personal assistance.