This course is an introduction to Microsoft® Office 365® with Skype® for Business in a cloud-based environment. It can be used as an orientation to the full suite of Office 365 cloud-based tools, or the Skype for Business lessons can be presented separately in a seminar-length presentation with the remaining material available for later student reference. Using the Office 365 suite of productivity apps, users can easily communicate and collaborate together through Microsoft® Outlook® mail and Skype for Business instant messaging and online meetings. Additionally, the Microsoft® SharePoint® team site provides a central storage location for accessing and modifying shared documents. This course introduces working with shared documents in the familiar Office 365 online apps—Word, PowerPoint, and Excel—as an alternative to installing the Microsoft® Office desktop applications. This course also introduces several productivity apps—Teams, Yammer, Planner, and Delve—that can be used in combination by teams for communication and collaboration.
Lesson 1: Getting Started with Office 365
- Topic A: Sign in to Office 365
- Topic B: Navigate the Office 365 Environment
Lesson 2: Collaborating with Shared Files
- Topic A: Work with Shared Documents in SharePoint
- Topic B: Edit Documents in Office Online
- Topic C: Collaborate on the SharePoint Site
- Topic D: Work with OneDrive for Business and Delve
Lesson 3: Using Productivity Apps
- Topic A: Work with Productivity Apps in Combination
- Topic B: Broadcast Messages with Yammer
- Topic C: Collaborate with the Teams App
- Topic D: Manage Tasks with the Planner App
Lesson 4: Using Outlook on the Web
- Topic A: Send and Receive Email
- Topic B: Manage Contacts
- Topic C: Schedule Appointments
- Topic D: Personalize Outlook on the Web
Lesson 5: Communicating with Skype for Business
- Topic A: Overview of Skype for Business
- Topic B: Use Instant Messaging
- Topic C: Make Voice and Video Calls
Lesson 6: Using Skype for Business Meetings
- Topic A: Initiate Meetings
- Topic B: Use Meeting Controls and Options
- Topic C: Customize Skype for Business
Appendix A: Interacting with Mobile Devices
This course isn't currently on the calendar. Want to schedule it?
Need to request this course on a Different Day?
LANTEC is very responsive to local client needs and unique or custom class demands. If you require a delivery date option for a class title on our schedule, please submit your specific request for immediate consideration. We can often accommodate countless additional courses NOT available on our public schedules, please inquire for personal assistance.