Virtual workers and virtual teams are an essential part of today’s workforce. More than ever, people are using technology to work anywhere, anytime. There are big benefits to today’s virtual workplace, but there can be big challenges, too. This one-day course will teach managers and supervisors how to prepare employees for the virtual workplace, create remote work programs, build virtual teams, leverage technology, and help team members be successful in the virtual workplace.
This one-day workshop teaches participants to:
- Create a virtual workplace strategy.
- Develop, implement, and maintain virtual workplace programs.
- Build a virtual team and lead them to success
- Plan and lead virtual meetings
- Use technology to support a virtual workplace.
- Give team members the tools needed to be successful in the virtual workplace.
Lesson 1: Course Overview
- You will spend the first part of the day getting to know participants and discussing what will take place during the workshop. Students will also have
an opportunity to identify their personal learning objectives.
Lesson 2: Defining the Virtual Workplace
- To begin the course, participants will learn some terms related to the virtual workplace. Participants will also explore some advantages and disadvantages
that the virtual workplace can have
Lesson 3: Creating Virtual Workplace Programs
- This session will provide a list of elements to include in a virtual workplace strategy. Setting employees up for remote work and tips for managing
performance will also be covered.
Lesson 4: Technology Tips and Tricks
- Next, participants will consider what tools they can incorporate into their virtual workplace program.
Lesson 5: Leading Virtual Teams
- In this session, participants will learn best practices for leading virtual teams. They will also learn how to choose a virtual team and ways to ensure
Lesson 6: Scheduling and Conducting Virtual Team Meetings
- This session will give participants some guidelines for scheduling and conducting team meetings. They will also have an opportunity to practice a virtual
Lesson 7: Tips for Success in the Virtual Workplace
- To wrap up the course, participants will share their favorite tips to help employees be successful in the virtual workplace. We will also share some ideas of our own.
Lesson 8: Workshop Wrap-Up
- At the end of the course, students will have an opportunity to ask questions and fill out an action plan.