DescriptionThe Implementing Cisco Data Center Unified Computing (DCUCI) course is designed to help students prepare for the Cisco CCNP Data Center certification and for professional-level data center roles. The focus of this skills-building course is on deploying, securing, operating, and maintaining the Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) B-Series Blade Servers and UCS C-Series Rack Servers for use in data centers. The extensively hands-on course covers configuring and managing Cisco UCS servers using unified I/O networking for LAN and SAN connectivity, virtualizing server hardware identifiers to enable rapid recovery of server operating system images, implementing automation for Cisco UCS, configuring fault tolerance, implementing role-based access control (RBAC), backing up and restoring system configurations, and using the monitoring and troubleshooting tools in Cisco UCS Manager and Cisco Integrated Management Controller (IMC).
Module 1: Cisco Unified Computing System Implementation
- Lesson 1: Describing Cisco UCS Server Form Factors
- Lesson 2: Describing Cisco UCS Connectivity
- Lesson 3: Configuring Identity Abstraction
- Lesson 4: Configuring Service Profile Templates
Module 2: SAN Storage Implementation for Cisco Unified Computing System
- Lesson 1: Implementing iSCSI
- Lesson 2: Implementing Fibre Channel
- Lesson 3: Implementing FCoE
Module 3: Security Implementation for Cisco Unified Computing System
- Lesson 1: Implementing Role-Based Access Control
- Lesson 2: Implementing External Authentication Providers
- Lesson 3: Implementing Key Management
Module 4: Operations and Maintenance for Cisco Unified Computing System
- Lesson 1: Implementing Cisco UCS Firmware Updates
- Lesson 2: Implementing Cisco UCS Backups
- Lesson 3: Implementing Monitoring
Module 5: Cisco Unified Computing System Automation
- Lesson 1: Implementing Cisco UCS Central
- Lesson 2: Implementing Cisco UCS Director and Cisco IMC Supervisor
- Lesson 3: Comparing Scripting Options for Cisco UCS Manager
This course isn't currently on the calendar. Want to schedule it?
Need to request this course on a Different Day?
LANTEC is very responsive to local client needs and unique or custom class demands. If you require a delivery date option for a class title on our schedule, please submit your specific request for immediate consideration. We can often accommodate countless additional courses NOT available on our public schedules, please inquire for personal assistance.