How to protect yourself from exposure to bloodborne pathogens, how to act appropriately when a bloodborne pathogens exposure occurs, how to clean up after a bloodborne pathogens exposure, and how to properly report any bloodborne pathogens exposure.
- Ideal for learners who prefer group interaction and feedback from an instructor
- Content is based on the PACT acronym to reinforce critical learning points
- Designed to meet Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) requirements for bloodborne pathogens training when paired with site-specific instruction
- Available for first-time or renewal bloodborne pathogens training
- Each student receives their own high quality course materials
AHA’s course uses the PACT acronym (Protect, Act, Clean, Tell) and slogan, “Make a PACT, Know How to Act,” to help students learn and recall bloodborne pathogens training.
Card Type: Completion Card with Book
After this course, students will know how to:
- Protect themselves from exposure to bloodborne pathogens
- Act when exposed to blood or blood-containing materials in the workplace
- Clean themselves and the area when exposed to blood or blood-containing materials in the workplace
- Tell or report any exposure to blood or blood-containing materials in the workplace
- This product does not contain the new updated 2010 AHA Guidelines
- Covers the general OSHA Standard for first-time or renewal bloodborne pathogens training for anyone with a reasonable chance for occupational exposure to blood or blood-containing materials
- Designed specifically for the workplace/health and safety market who must be trained annually in bloodborne pathogens
Lesson 1: Introduction
- Topic A: Why Are You Here?
- Topic B: What Are Bloodborne Pathogens?
- Topic C: How Do Bloodborne Pathogens Enter the Body?
- Topic D: Make a PACT, Know How to Act
- Topic E: Review Questions 1
Lesson 2: Protect
- Topic A: Always Be Safe
- Topic B: Protect Yourself
- Topic C: I Spy Game
- Topic D: Hand Washing
- Topic E: Hepatitis B Vaccine
- Topic F: Be Careful Where You Eat, Drink, or Smoke
- Topic G: Recognizing Symbols
- Topic H: Selecting Symbols
- Topic I: Review Questions 2
Lesson 3: Act
- Topic A: Dealing With Exposure
- Topic B: Gloves Practice Session
- Topic C: What Comes First?
- Topic D: Universal Precautions and Body Substance Isolation
- Topic E: Disposing of Sharps
- Topic F: Which One Is It?
- Topic G: Review Questions 3
Lesson 4: Clean
- Topic A: Know Your Exposure Control Plan
- Topic B: Clean Up
- Topic C: Review Questions 4
Lesson 5: Tell
- Topic A: Reporting Exposures
- Topic B: OSHA Regulations
- Topic C: Putting It All Together
- Topic D: Review Questions 5
- Topic A: Next Steps
- Topic B: Scenarios
- Topic C: Optional Written Test (if required by employer)
- Topic D: Course Evaluation Form
- Topic E: Remediation