How to protect yourself from exposure to bloodborne pathogens, how to act appropriately when a bloodborne pathogens exposure occurs, how to clean up after a bloodborne pathogens exposure, and how to properly report any bloodborne pathogens exposure
Card Type: Completion card with book
- Ideal for learners who prefer group interaction and feedback from an instructor
- Content is based on the PACT acronym to reinforce critical learning points
- Designed to meet Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) requirements for bloodborne pathogens training when paired with site-specific instruction
- Available for first-time or renewal bloodborne pathogens training
- Each student receives their own high quality course materials
AHA’s course uses the PACT acronym (Protect, Act, Clean, Tell) and slogan, “Make a PACT, Know How to Act,” to help students learn and recall bloodborne pathogens training.
Students learn how to:
- Protect themselves from exposure to bloodborne pathogens
- Act when exposed to blood or blood-containing materials in the workplace
- Clean themselves and the area when exposed to blood or blood-containing materials in the workplace
- Tell or report any exposure to blood or blood-containing materials in the workplace
- This product does not contain the new updated 2010 AHA Guidelines
- Covers the general OSHA Standard for first-time or renewal bloodborne pathogens training for anyone with a reasonable chance for occupational exposure to blood or blood-containing materials
- Designed specifically for the workplace/health and safety market who must be trained annually in bloodborne pathogens
Lesson 1: Introduction
Topic A: Why Are You Here?
Topic B: What Are Bloodborne Pathogens?
Topic C: How Do Bloodborne Pathogens Enter the Body?
Topic D: Make a PACT, Know How to Act
Topic E: Review Questions 1
Lesson 2: Protect
Topic A: Always Be Safe
Topic B: Protect Yourself
Topic C: I Spy Game
Topic D: Hand Washing
Topic E: Hepatitis B Vaccine
Topic F: Be Careful Where You Eat, Drink, or Smoke
Topic G: Recognizing Symbols
Topic H: Selecting Symbols
Topic I: Review Questions 2
Lesson 3: Act
Topic A: Dealing With Exposure
Topic B: Gloves Practice Session
Topic C: What Comes First?
Topic D: Universal Precautions and Body Substance Isolation
Topic E: Disposing of Sharps
Topic F: Which One Is It?
Topic G: Review Questions 3
Lesson 4: Clean
Topic A: Know Your Exposure Control Plan
Topic B: Clean Up
Topic C: Review Questions 4
Lesson 5: Tell
Topic A: Reporting Exposures
Topic B: OSHA Regulations
Topic C: Putting It All Together
Topic D: Review Questions 5
Topic A: Next Steps
Topic B: Scenarios
Topic C: Optional Written Test (if required by employer)
Topic D: Course Evaluation Form
Topic E: Remediation
This course isn't currently on the calendar. Want to schedule it?
Need to request this course on a Different Day?
LANTEC is very responsive to local client needs and unique or custom class demands. If you require a delivery date option for a class title on our schedule, please submit your specific request for immediate consideration. We can often accommodate countless additional courses NOT available on our public schedules, please inquire for personal assistance.