Emotional intelligence, also called EQ, is the ability to be aware of and to manage emotions and relationships. It’s a pivotal factor in personal and professional success. IQ will get you in the door, but it is your EQ, your ability to connect with others and manage the emotions of yourself and others, that will determine how successful you are in life. We have all worked with and listened to brilliant people. Some of them were great and… well, some were not so great. The mean and the meek and all those in between can teach us more than they realize. When we look at the truly extraordinary people who inspire and make a difference you will see that they do this by connecting with people at a personal and emotional level. What differentiated them was not their IQ but their EQ – their emotional intelligence.
This one-day workshop teaches participants to:
- Understand what emotional intelligence means
- Recognize how our emotional health and physical health are related
- Learn techniques to understand, use, and appreciate the role of emotional intelligence in the workplace
- Understand the different emotions and how to manage them
- Create a personal vision statement
- Understand the difference between optimism and pessimism
- Validate emotions in others
Lesson 1: Course Overview
- You will spend the first part of the day getting to know participants and discussing what will take place during the workshop. Students will also have an opportunity to identify their personal learning objectives.
Lesson 2: History of Emotional Intelligence
- This session outlines some of the milestones and important people who have contributed to the world of emotional intelligence.
Lesson 3: Emotional Intelligence Defined
- In this session, you will introduce a few definitions of emotional intelligence and then have participants create their own definition.
Lesson 4: EI Blueprint
- Next, you will cover skills and concepts behind identifying emotions, understanding and managing emotions, and using and communicating emotions.
Lesson 5: Optimism
- This session outlines the basics of optimism and how it differs from pessimism.
Lesson 6: Validating Emotions in Others
- In this session, you will give participants two models to validate emotions in others.
Lesson 7: Understanding Emotions
- This session will explore the seven primary human emotions.
Lesson 8: Setting Your Personal Vision
- Participants will explore their own emotions by looking at their principles, values, strengths, talents, potential obstacles, and relationships.
Lesson 9: Workshop Wrap-Up
- At the end of the course, students will have an opportunity to ask questions and fill out an action plan.
This course isn't currently on the calendar. Want to schedule it?
Need to request this course on a Different Day?
LANTEC is very responsive to local client needs and unique or custom class demands. If you require a delivery date option for a class title on our schedule, please submit your specific request for immediate consideration. We can often accommodate countless additional courses NOT available on our public schedules, please inquire for personal assistance.