A great presenter has two notable qualities: appropriate skills and personal confidence. Confidence comes from knowing what you want to say and being comfortable with your communication skills. In this one day workshop, participants will master the skills that will make them a better speaker and presenter.
This one-day workshop teaches participants to:
- Establish rapport with your audience
- Learn techniques to reduce nervousness and fear
- Recognize how visual aids can create impact and attention
- Develop techniques to create a professional presence
- Learn some different ways to prepare and organize information
- Prepare, practice, and deliver a short presentation
Lesson 1: Course Overview
- You will spend the first part of the day getting to know participants and discussing what will take place during the workshop. Students will also have an opportunity to identify their personal learning objectives.
Lesson 2: Stop! Check Your Mouth!
- Next, participants will learn about characteristics that can make or break the audience’s impression of a speaker, including volume, clichés, slang, diction, jargon, and tact (or lack thereof).
Lesson 3: I Can Just Send an E-mail, Right?
- Next, participants will explore the value of oral presentations.
Lesson 4: Overcoming Nervousness
- To conclude the first day, we will look at some suggestions for handling nervousness.
Lesson 5: The Five S’s
- To begin the second half of the day, participants will learn about the five S’s of a good presentation: significance, scenario, solutions, segue, and suggestions.
Lesson 6: Start Writing!
- This session will focus on the nuts and bolts of creating your presentation.
Lesson 7: Audience Profile
- Next, participants will look the value of audience profiles.
Lesson 8: Audience Profile
- Next, participants will look at the value of audience profiles
Lesson 9: Your Speaking Voice
- This session will look at the eight key parts of a presenter’s message.
Lesson 10: Add Punch to Your Presentation
- There are many types of visual aids. We will provide an overview of, and tips for, the most common visuals during this session.
Lesson 11: Your Presentation
- To wrap things up, participants will prepare and present a short presentation. Participants will evaluate each other and provide constructive feedback.
Lesson 12: Workshop Wrap-Up
- At the end of the workshop, students will have an opportunity to ask questions and fill out an action plan.
Need to request this course on a Different Day?
LANTEC is very responsive to local client needs and unique or custom class demands. If you require a delivery date option for a class title on our schedule, please submit your specific request for immediate consideration. We can often accommodate countless additional courses NOT available on our public schedules, please inquire for personal assistance.