Get a head start right out of the gate with a Certified Wireless Network Administrator (CWNA) certification. It is the base certification for Enterprise Wi-Fi within the CWNP family of certifications and a springboard toward earning your security, design, analysis, and network expert certifications. Achieving it enhances your networking career profile, providing evidence that you have sought after Wi-Fi knowledge and skills.
The goal of this course is to add Wi-Fi expertise to a networking professional’s skill set while covering all CWNA-107 exam topics. The course begins with discussion topics and hands-on lab exercises covering the basic operation of 802.11 Wi-Fi technology. Once a base of Wi-Fi knowledge is established, enterprise relevant topics such as Wi-Fi design, security, and troubleshooting are covered. You will use enterprise-class hardware and software tools during live lab exercises, all accessible remotely for any instructor-led or virtual class. As an added bonus, you will receive a free exam voucher.
What You’ll Learn attending the Enterprise Wi-Fi Administration course:
- Background and roles of Wi-Fi governing bodies, including the IEEE and Wi-Fi Alliance
- Radiofrequency properties and behaviors
- Wireless signal fundamentals, including measurement principles
- Antenna information, including types and installation best practices
- Wi-Fi standards, including 802.11 extensions ac, ad, af, and ah
- Wi-Fi device types and infrastructure options
- Wi-Fi communications processes, including connection, roaming, and data transfer
- General troubleshooting tips to common real-world 802.11n issues
- Wi-Fi architecture best practices, including both network and wireless design
- Similarities, differences, and peculiarities about Wi-Fi deployments in differing environments (offices, K-12 education, health care facilities, and more)
- Security standards, best practices, known vulnerabilities, and remediation techniques for Wi-Fi networks
- Site surveying, including requirements gathering, design, installation, and validation
- Troubleshooting methodology, tools, and techniques, along with common issues
This course is delivered remotely via our partnership with Sunset Learning.
Need to request this course on a Different Day?
LANTEC is very responsive to local client needs and unique or custom class demands. If you require a delivery date option for a class title on our schedule, please submit your specific request for immediate consideration. We can often accommodate countless additional courses NOT available on our public schedules, please inquire for personal assistance.