A positive work environment is important for the productivity of a company but it is also important to us personally. Our emotional and physical health can be improved by working in a positive work environment. We should wake up each morning wanting to go to work - not trying to think of excuses to not go. We want to be proud of where we work and enjoy telling others about where we work. As an employee or a leader within a company you have a responsibility to create and maintain a positive work environment. This one-day course will give you tools to be able to be successful and create the type of company environment that you crave through building personal and nurturing effective workplace relationships.
This one-day workshop teaches participants to:
- Define Daniel Goleman’s five sets of social and emotional competencies and correlate them to workplace experiences.
- Utilize a three-step process to building your own self-confidence.
- Recognize self-confident behaviors in the workplace.
- Discover your preference for dealing with workplace conflict
- Understand ways to be flexible in times of change.
- Identify tips to giving and receiving feedback.
- Know the importance of effective workplace relationships in creating and maintaining a positive work environment
- Discover what type of team player you are and how that relates to your functioning in the team
- Know and understand the key elements necessary to create and maintain a positive work environment
Lesson 1: Course Overview
- You will spend the first part of the day getting to know participants and discussing what will take place during the workshop. Students will also have
an opportunity to identify their personal learning objectives.
Lesson 2: What does a positive environment look like?
- Those lucky enough to work in a positive environment know what aspects it incorporates. For the others, this session will introduce those characteristics
such as open communication, work-life balance, and training and development.
Lesson 3: The company as a team.
- In this session, students will complete a Team Roles and Responsibilities Questionnaire to determine what kind of team player they are. They will also
look at a guidelines to being an effective team leader.Topics include: working cooperatively, managing conflict, and preventing and dealing with
Lesson 4: Feedback
- This session covers ways to give and receive feedback through feedback interviews and a simulated feedback session.
Lesson 5: Flexibility
- Students will assess their change tolerance in this session by completing an exercise on how they handle change, and then explore how to become more
tolerant and flexible.
Lesson 6: Self-confidence
- This session shows students what behaviors are associated with high and low self-confidence. We will examine a three-step process that can be used
to increase self-confidence.
Lesson 7: Emotional Intelligence
- This session explores the history of social and emotional intelligence and looks at Daniel Goleman’s five interrelated sets of Social and Emotional
Competencies and their importance in workplace success, as well as Howard Gardner’s Multiple Intelligences.
Lesson 8: Workshop wrap-up
- At the end of the workshop, students will have an opportunity to ask questions and fill out an action plan.
Need to request this course on a Different Day?
LANTEC is very responsive to local client needs and unique or custom class demands. If you require a delivery date option for a class title on our schedule, please submit your specific request for immediate consideration. We can often accommodate countless additional courses NOT available on our public schedules, please inquire for personal assistance.