The Cisco Prime® Network Registrar (PNR) Version 8.x/9.x instructor-led course provides you with the advanced knowledge and skill sets required to successfully deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot Cisco Prime Network Registrar in a typical network environment. You will learn the fundamental concepts upon which the DHCP and DNS servers are based – this solidifies your understanding of how to troubleshoot and solve problems relating to installation and configuration. You will configure Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) and Domain Name System (DNS) servers. In addition, you will use a system command line interface (CLI) to monitor the health, status, and functionality of DHCP, DNS, Trivial File Transfer Protocol (TFTP), and other servers.
After completing this course, the student should be able to:
- Describe the function of the regional Cisco Prime Network Registrar server and local DHCP, authoritative DNS, caching DNS, and TFTP servers
- Configure DHCP servers with class-of-service options for IPv4 and IPv6
- Configure DHCP failover
- Configure PNR authoritative DNS servers
- Configure dynamic DNS and high-availability DNS pairs
- Configure PNR caching DNS servers