Effective leaders understand how powerful an opportunity can be when they can tap into the intelligence, wisdom, and innovation present in their workforce. Conversational leadership provides the space and infrastructure for knowledge sharing to take place, and to generate solutions that people within the organization can take action on.
This one-day workshop teaches participants to:
- About the wisdom inherent in encouraging conversational leadership
- How to describe the four I’s of conversational leadership
- How to apply the principles of conversational leadership to improve results
- How to organize and set up different ways to use conversational leadership in their workplaces
Lesson 1: Course Overview
- You will spend the first part of the day getting to know participants and discussing what will take place during the workshop.
Lesson 2: What's in a Word?
- To begin the course, students will review their pre-assignment and consider what conversational leadership is all about.
Lesson 3: Fundamental Elements
- This session explores some key concepts, including designing meaningful conversations and personal skill-building.
Lesson 4: The Four I-Model of Organizational Conversation
- Next, participants will learn about the Four-I model:intimacy, interactivity, inclusion, and intentionality.Common language and trust will also be
Lesson 5: The Conversational Leadership Framework
- In this session, participants will learn about the conversational leadership framework developed by Hurley and Brown. The role of appreciative inquiry
in conversational leadership will also be discussed
Lesson 6: World Café (as a Style Example for Using Conversational Leadership)
- The course wraps up with an in-depth look at the definition and structure of a World Café (it’s description for the way in which the conversations
are set up).Participants will have a final activity of applying this style to their workplace.
Lesson 7: Workshop Wrap-Up
- At the end of the course, students will have an opportunity to ask questions and fill out an action plan.