In this course, you will create web pages and organize them into a website.
- Identify Dreamweaver uses and advantages, including new features, and manipulate the interface.
- Create a new site in Dreamweaver.
- Create and lay out a basic page and add text.
- Style text and containers with CSS.
- Insert images.
- Create and style links.
- Create tables to store data.
- Upload your site.
In this course, you will be able to develop interactive and engaging websites that are compatible with multiple display devices.
- Implement basic design principles in writing a website.
- Author a site suitable for both mobile and desktop viewing.
- Create forms.
- Add movement through behaviors and CSS transitions.
- Insert audio and video media.
- Reach your target audience through social media and HTML email marketing.
- Manage website files through testing and synchronizing.
- Set project requirements.
Lesson 1: Getting Started with Dreamweaver
- Topic A: Navigate the Dreamweaver Interface
- Topic B: Customize the Workspace
- Topic C: Use Help
Lesson 2: Creating a Site
- Topic A: Create a New Site
- Topic B: Organize a Site into Folders
- Topic C: Plan Navigation
Lesson 3: Creating a Page
- Topic A: Create and Lay Out a Page
- Topic B: Enter Text
- Topic C: Create a Page with a Template
Lesson 4: Styling with CSS
- Topic A: Create and Apply CSS Styles by Using Selectors
- Topic B: Style in a More Flexible Manner with Classes
Lesson 5: Inserting Images
- Topic A: Insert Image Files
- Topic B: Style Images with CSS
Lesson 6: Inserting Links
- Topic A: Insert Internal and External Links
- Topic B: Apply Additional Link Types
Lesson 7: Displaying Data in Tables
- Topic A: Create Tables for Data Display
- Topic B: Modify Tables
- Topic C: Style a Table
Lesson 8: Publishing Your Site
- Topic A: Prepare a Site for Uploading
- Topic B: Upload a Site
Lesson 1: Design Considerations
- Topic A: Fundamental Design Principles
- Topic B: Usability and Accessibility
Lesson 2: Writing for Mobile Platforms
- Topic A: Create Media Queries for Mobile Platforms
- Topic B: Create Mobile Responsive Pages with Bootstrap
- Topic C: Modify a Bootstrap Page
Lesson 3: Creating Forms
- Topic A: Create a form with Form Fields
- Topic B: Validate a Form
Lesson 4: Creating Movement
- Topic A: Apply CSS Transitions to Create Movement
- Topic B: Apply Behaviors to Create Movement
Lesson 5: Adding Multimedia
- Topic A: Insert Audio Files
- Topic B: Insert Video Files
Lesson 6: Marketing Through Social Media and Email
- Topic A: Plan a Social Media Strategy
- Topic B: Add Links to Social Media
- Topic C: Create email Marketing Materials and Newsletters
Lesson 7: Testing and Maintaining Your Site
- Topic A: Validate Your Site Against W3 Standards
- Topic B: Share Website Files with Other Users
- Topic C: Synchronize Your Site
Lesson 8: Setting Project Requirements
- Topic A: Identify Purpose, Audience, Audience Needs
- Topic B: Adhere to Copyright Rules for Site Content
- Topic C: Determine and Evaluate Project Management Tasks and Responsibilities
This course isn't currently on the calendar. Want to schedule it?
Need to request this course on a Different Day?
LANTEC is very responsive to local client needs and unique or custom class demands. If you require a delivery date option for a class title on our schedule, please submit your specific request for immediate consideration. We can often accommodate countless additional courses NOT available on our public schedules, please inquire for personal assistance.