In this course, you will expand your knowledge of relational database design, write advanced queries, structure existing data, validate data entered into a database, and customize reports. Extending your knowledge of Microsoft Access 2016 will result in a robust, functional database for your users.
Lesson 1: Designing a Relational Database
- Topic A: Relational Database Design
- Topic B: Create a Table
- Topic C: Create Table Relationships
Lesson 2: Joining Tables
- Topic A: Create Query Joins
- Topic B: Relate Data Within a Table
- Topic C: Work with Subdatasheets
Lesson 3: Using Data Validation
- Topic A: Use Field Validation
- Topic B: Use Form and Record Validation
Lesson 4: Creating Advanced Queries
- Topic A: Create Parameter Queries
- Topic B: Summarize Data
- Topic C: Create Subqueries
- Topic D: Create Action Queries
- Topic E: Create Unmatched and Duplicate Queries
Lesson 5: Organizing a Database for Efficiency
- Topic A: Data Normalization
- Topic B: Create a Junction Table
- Topic C: Improve Table Structure
Lesson 6: Using Advanced Reporting Techniques
- Topic A: Include Control Formatting in a Report
- Topic B: Add a Calculated Field to a Report
- Topic C: Add a Subreport to an Existing Report
This course isn't currently on the calendar. Want to schedule it?
Need to request this course on a Different Day?
LANTEC is very responsive to local client needs and unique or custom class demands. If you require a delivery date option for a class title on our schedule, please submit your specific request for immediate consideration. We can often accommodate countless additional courses NOT available on our public schedules, please inquire for personal assistance.